Marc Pinto's Primitive Tattoo Blog

| home |     | galleries |     | travel |     | shop |     | staff |     | links |     | blog |     | guest book |    


Monday, August 23, 2010

Interview with Jason Ng (Resident Piercer Primitive Tattoo Singapore)

Singapore's tattooed personality Noel Boyd interviewed our resident piercer Jason Ng last week for this blog post. Here is the interview...

How many years have you been a piercer?
This year will mark my 6th year as a piercer.

Just a general question, why did you become a piercer and not a tattoo artist?
Well it all started with my interest in body art. I love piercings as much as I love tattoos. But I chose to start with piercings first and now I'm slowly moving into tattooing.

What are the most common piercings your clients get at the studio at Far East Plaza?
The most common requests I get are navel, tongue, eyebow and lips.

What is the most difficult aspect of the job?
Some of my clients will ask for challenging piercings that aren't the easiest to do. I love challenges and it keeps me going! Corset piercings (picture below) are a welcomed challenge anytime!

Well, are there piercings that you won't do?
Nope.. I'll do all kinds of piercings as long as it's safe and within the guidelines of our studio.

If you could advise someone that wants to get a piercing, what would be your most valuable piece of advise?
Get it from a professional! Don't get it done by your friends or at some shoddy joint. It'll be worth every dollar spent!

Lastly, how many piercings have you got and which was the most painful?
At one point, I used to have 17 piercings but I've removed a good number of them. All of my piercings have been bearable so I can't say for sure which has been the most painful. Well, pain is all in the mind isn't it?

Piercings by Jason Ng

1 comment:

  1. From the ancient age tattoo is very common body art for both man and woman. The Interview is really helpful.........

    ReplyDelete